Favourite Sport:

Skateboarding. Such a fun sport. Such a great way to get kids out of the house. A sport you don’t need much money to participate in. It’s just super fun. And this is my favourite trick. A show that I loved that totally encapsulated the fun for me was when Vice helped video 3 seasons of King of the Road. Just anarchy and skating, some of my favourites together to watch. (Definitely not for young adults).

Favourite Restaurant :

The Wooden Spoon restaurant in Grand Forks BC. Their food is what some might consider “Hippie Food”. But it’s off the wall soooo good. So many vegetables, so many items in each dish. They really go with the whole seasonal concept, and even taught me to like pickled onions (because of a beet oat burger I had with them on it). I have tried to recreate recipes but they really are just better at cheffing by a landslide. The menu is forever changing and the chef in this small little town pulls inspiration from all over the place. Always following trends and taste.

Favourite Artist :

Ricky Saetta aka @ricky.teevee . Hes a scroll saw artist making signs. He’s since moved onto making dream stores. Building custom furniture and displays. Lately it’s been 70’s era stores, rounded corners, yellows. In the past he did an amazing donut shop design that will blow your mind. And he’s even done outside of store fronts. Along the way he’s always making rad edits of his builds. Seriously cool guy. You can follow him on instagram at @ricky.teevee

Favourite Movie :

Dirty Dancing. I feel like this is a very typical answer for females but it’s so true. I remember watching it at my grandmas house in Sechelt. Probably while I using her cigarette package tinfoils to tie them around the tips of my fingers (remember that?) I would have been about 5 years old I presume since it’s an early memory. And I have never stopped loving it since then. I think my favourite part is this one.

However there is no bad scene. From Baby yelling “Johnny….” in that weird voice, to when she can’t stop laughing while he runs his arm down her (and he was actually annoyed in real life just like in the movie) it’s perfection.

Favourite Books :

I must say I’m not much of a reader. I read the speed of an audio book, going back and re reading sentences until they sound right. Apparently fast readers like my sister skip words like “a” or “and”. So wild. But a few books have stood out to me.

In a Sunburned Country by Bill Bryson was fantastic. Maybe because I was backpacking around Australia at the time, but there was some crazy facts in there. Like the fact that the man who designed the Sydney Opera House never saw it competed because he was banned from returning to Australia for scandalous reasons that the book talks about, among other things.

As Nature Made Him , The Boy Who Was Raised As a Girl by John Colapinto. It’s a fascinating true story about twins raised in Canada. One of them had a botched circumcision and talks about the wild journey of finally finding out he was not a girl, but indeed a boy when he was a teenager.

Monster by Sanyika Shakur. I remember reading and finding the memoir of a gang member from the bloods and crips area of America so fascinating. It’s a great book to get somebody interested in reading. I recommended it to my sisters husband and now he also reads books!